Sunday, March 20, 2011

Fun in the Rainy States

There are some people in this world that are just such great examples to everyone around them.  They are Christlike in everything they do, and willing to welcome and love just about anyone. The Belnaps and the Falters are examples of these people, two families that we hope to stay close to forever. 
Kade and I had the privilege of attending the wedding of Luke Maughan and Kylee Falter in Oregon and Washington last weekend and we had an absolute blast there.  Let me give some background first. 
Way back in the day (like Jr. high day) There was a group of studly young men- Kade, Luke, Nick, Nathan, Sean- who became great friends with a very special young man named Bryden Belnap.  They loved hangin’ out with  Bryden when he lived in Utah, and when he moved to Washington with his family, they kept in contact and a few of them (the ones who hadn’t left on missions yet) went to visit the Belnap family in Washington one fall.  While visiting, the boys became aquainted with a family named the Falters.  Sandy Falter is Bryden’s sister and lives, with her adorable little family of six talented kids, right down the street from Bryden and Grandma and Grandpa Belnap in Washington.  Two of those six talented kids happen to be the gorgeous twin sisters, Kylee and Lauren.  While the young men were visiting Washington, Luke developed a little…shall we say “crush”?....on Kylee.  At least I think that’s how it happened…anywho, a couple years later, when Luke got home from serving his mission, it just so happened that Kylee was attending Utah State with her sister.  It also just so happened that Luke going to attend Utah State as well! Well, of course after two years of writing letters, the two dated again and just so happened to fall in love. 
Well there’s the background according to Jacki.  As you can imagine, the family is just thrilled to have Luke, one of the great boys who were such good friends to Bryden, as a part of their family.  They just adore him and he is SO lucky to be marrying into such a family.  They are SO great!  They are definitely what made the weekend so fun.  Kade and I absolutely loved getting to know them.  I was especially touched by Kylee’s mom and grandma.  Both such amazing women and great examples to me! I hope someday I can be as good of a mom as they are!
We were happy to help out with all the decorating and craziness that comes the day before a wedding.  I got to do cute little Emily’s hair for the reception (Kylee’s little sister), Kade helped set up and take down a lot of the decorations, tables, etc. and we were just so happy to be so involved.  It was great!
We also fell in love with the area when we were there.  We’re honestly hoping we might have an opportunity to live in Washington or Oregon some time in our lives.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I asked Kade if we can have a sweet zip-line in our backyard like the falters if we live there.  It was pretty intense.  That was one of the highlights of the trip.  Another highlight- Kylee’s little brother Austin.  SO cute!! He is fourteen and quite the ladies man.  Lets just say Kade had a little competition that weekened J He was such a stud! He sang at their reception and, like I said, the Falter kids are all so talented.   His voice was amazing! It was his 14th birthday the day we got there and when he told me he was turning 14, I said “oh! I have a little sister that’s 14! She’s really cute!”  He just looked at me and said “Does she have a phone number?” haha! Like I said…LADIES MAN!  So cute.  Another funny memory- We drove the Belnap’s old Buic (at least I think that’s what it was) to the temple the morning of the wedding.  The Oregon Temple is about two hours away and it was pouring rain.  They had mentioned something about how the radiator had been struggling but we should be ok.  Well we barely made it to the temple and after the wedding, It wouldn’t start.  As you can see in the pictures, we had to push it out of the parking lot.  “We” as in Sean and Sean and Kade. Haha I just took pictures. 
Well anywho,  needless to say, it was just overall an AMAZINGLY fun weekend.  We’ll never forget it and the friends we made will always be in our hearts!

Ok...Camera complications...pictures to come


1 comment:

  1. Jacki, I just love you. I totally stalked you to find your blog and I'm so happy I did. :) You are amazing! I am SO happy that you and Kade are going to be our best friends forever :) Can't wait till you live up here! Thank you for everything :)

    ReplyDelete